- It settled problems, intra lineage conflicts and you may conflicts anywhere between natal towns and you can towns during the that they was in fact partnered.
- They did rites, traditions, and you can sacrifices into the people, including the final absolution rites for brand new brides. At the time at issue, the new bride-to-be-to-getting would confess every their particular incorrect doings into the otu umuada who would up coming purify their own.
- The otu umuada including did filtration traditions to possess descent home and other places which were noticed contaminated, therefore, the gods or goddesses wouldn’t leash out its wrath to the someone, but alternatively, provide them with a healthy body, bounty and you will offspring.
- This new otu umuada read confessions of adulterous wives and you can did filtering rituals for them.
She was the fresh wife who was hitched longest in the neighborhood
Their commander, anasi, try by far the most older spouse in the community. This new anasi is the newest average whereby the ladies you are going to voice the questions and you will include their appeal just like the spouses, mothers, farmers, and you will traders.
- It aided lineage wives in times out of fret and you may disease.
- It heard and you may pronounced punishments during the circumstances related to husbands exactly who mistreated their spouses.
- They ensured that the village load and you will marketplace was clean.
- They generated decisions between your growing and picking of vegetation.
- It grabbed care of pet that had destroyed the vegetation.
From time to time on the life of the city, the new otu umuada and you may otu inyomdi appeared along with her due to the fact women’s installation to go over issues that inspired him or her because women in brand new people.
She ensured market taboos was observed, and you will detained wrongdoers and lead them before omu legal
Age levels was sets of women regarding exact same years, just who arrived together with her in order to give incentives on ambition and time and effort. They did spiritual, public and you will governmental characteristics within the area; considering knowledge to have teenagers in-group lifetime; and given streams to have socializing and you may companionship which were very helpful and you will integrative items in the neighborhood. Inside the Igboland, solitary origin daughters designed themselves to the some ogbo contacts. One of them is actually the newest okpo ntu as well as their duties integrated cleanup and you can maintaining the fresh new village latrines and you may rubbish places; undertaking public labor properties such family strengthening and related jobs; and you may, organizing on their own towards dancing teams, hence considering message boards in which girls could build strong and you will long-lasting matchmaking with other girls regarding the class.
From inside the Igboland status try achieved, maybe not ascribed and you will an effective female’s position was influenced by her very own success, not those of their particular husband. Igbo women could boost their social standing by using headings. This type of headings provided new ikenga, inachi and you may inwene. Named female was accorded a lot of respect and people who exhibited leaders potential you may tend to keep political work environment.
New omu and her pantry out of entitled women councilors, ilogu, was in fact charged with retain the women area of the area. The marketplace put was this new Igbo female’s domain name. It absolutely was kept every five months. The omu along with her case oversaw the market industry https://getbride.org/de/ecuadorianische-frauen/ and you can outlined the rules. This new omu and her cabinet fixed the prices from business services and products and laid out sector bans. It acted once the a judge from the judging out of instances and you will persecuting away from completely wrong doers. New omu appointed a police lady known as awo. The awo implemented the newest repaired price guidelines in the areas. Field taboos included, no fighting in the business, palm develop ought not to to be sold for the bunches, however, separated basic; and last but not least, peppers will likely be boiled earliest in advance of on the market.
From the precolonial day and age, Western African female achieved together with her to vocalize their thinking regarding activities you to impacted him or her. These conference foundation as well as supported since support channels that women you’ll rely upon so you’re able to appropriate discipline out-of offensive guys.